Friday, January 20, 2012

Night Prayer

In the life of a deacon Morning and Evening prayer are a normal part of every day.  One option open to deacons is Night Prayer.  Although not mandatory - it is a special way to end the day, especially when the day has been long or very exhausting.  Taking a few minutes before retiring for  the night gives a person a chance to do an end of day inventory of what was experienced that day.  It gives time to ask forgiveness for thing undone or done poorly and to thank God for blessing received.  Going to sleep after Night prayer is a great way to end the day.


Try it - you might like it.
Deacon Dale 

1 comment:

  1. I never lay my head down without my evening prayer. Thanking my Heavenly Father for the day and all it provided (the good and the bad) as even the challenges make us stronger in life and faith.

    I always ask him to watch over my family and pray that our souls will be accepted in his heavenly kingdom when our time here is done.

    I remember the night before my Dad passed, I said a special prayer for him as I knew he had a hard day and my father in law who was out of work. I just had that urge to ask for him to watch over them and provide them some peace. Though it was not the peace I wanted at the time for Dad I know my prayer was answered. Not long after my father in law found work too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please respect the opinions of others.