Sunday, February 12, 2012

COU

This evening my wife and I, along with my son, daughter-in-law and grandson were privileged to attend the Children of Uganda 2012 Tour of Light performance in Glen Ellyn, IL.  It was a real treat to watch as they performed native song and dance.  I was particularly excited to attend this concert since my young cousin had spent two years in Uganda working with the Peace Corps and youth such as those who were performing.  Although her tour of duty was over years ago, she still continues to support the youth of Uganda and stays involved with them.


During her tenure in Uganda she was able to construct a library and stock it with books because of the generosity of her church family and my family.  At my home parish, we have been involved in our own way in partnering with a sister parish in Uganda supplying thousands of handmade rosaries and sending financial aide to them.


As I watched tonight's performance I could not help but think that these youth are just like the youth that our parish has partnered with and it made me proud that our parishioners have generously supported that ministry.  Helping people to live better lives, improving their living conditions and doing it all in the name of our one God - awesome!


Deacon Dale