Saturday, June 24, 2017

Lazy Days

I have to admit it - I am being lazy. This summer is different from most summers as I have really taken a back seat to active pursuits. Maybe it is my older age - maybe it is the limitations I have been experiencing with my one leg - maybe I am just at a point where I realize that there are others standing in the wings - waiting to be involved. I do admit that working on any project is more fun when working with others. Doing the "Lone Ranger" thing is very much out of fashion. Group events - planning sessions - all are more enjoyable when you are able to share the fun -hard work - with others. For the past few months I have been working with family members to arrange a large family trip to Italy. Although I have lots of experience with foreign travel - this is the first time - involved in making all the arrangements. Needless to say - a labor of love - the rewards to be experienced - far exceed the work involved.


When we consider our spiritual lives - it is similar to planning any group event. You first must take into consideration where you - as an individual - stand - then once you know your position - limitations - abilities - may you move forward to involve others. Before you can be successful in drawing others to God - you must first - foremost - be near Him - yourself. First hand experience - the best tool in encouraging others to follow you - to do the same. Summer is not a time to take a vacation away from God - rather an excellent time to wander outdoors and experience Him in the warmth of the day - the beauty of the blue skies - the calmness of farm fields bursting with new life. This summer allow yourself to be drawn deeper into the arms of Our Lord - to find Him - waiting for you.

Deacon Dale