Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Lent #1 - Lent Returns - Again

 Once again - here we go again - Ash Wednesday - again. This year - 2023 - what will be different this year - how will you observe Lent this year - compared to last.  Will you give up something - what will you give up - to what end?  It has been years since I quit giving up things - instead adding more into my life - giving up free time - sharing that time with others.  Oh - every year I look at who I am - what I have become - done soul searching - identified my short comings.  I know I sin - is it really sin - have I really done anything that separated me from My LORD - My GOD - My SAVIOUR - not really.  Yes - I mess up - say the wrong things from time to time - never with a plan to hurt - harm - anyone - least myself.  I do not criticize those who chose to  - give up.  For them that is how they decide to observe this Season of Penance.  My choice - that works for me - do more.  More prayer - more time thinking - contemplating my relationship with Jesus - others around me.  I repent for the times I took the low road - the road devoid of challenges - the road that offered growth - the easy way.  For the times I elected to not become involved -  cruising my way through life.  Recognizing those moments - in Lent I attempt to face the challenges head on - putting more in my life - not less. Working on my personal relationship first - improving myself that in turn I may be better equipped to help others.  To that point - my goal over the next 40 days - daily thoughts - posting on  this blog - to share with all who may read.


God sent His Only Son - that we might have life - live it to the fullest.  In these Lenten Days I pray He send His Hoy Spirit upon you - me - to share all that I can - to help everyone who with me seeks the Blessings of God.

Deacon Dale