Friday, May 25, 2012

Castles

One thing I really enjoy when I travel to Europe is to visit castles. I enjoy seeing and learning about the construction details as well as learning about the people who lived in the castles. One of my favorite castles is Malbork Castle located in northern Poland by Gdansk. According to Wikipedia - Malbork is the largest castle in the world by surface area and the largest brick building in Europe. Standing outside and looking at the castle is a great experience - climbing the many stairs to the top of the tower and looking out at the Nogat River and surrounding countryside is even more outstanding. At a minimum this castle has to be described as breath taking.
When Jesus was leaving His disciples - they were told that He was going to His Father's house and would be preparing a room for each of them. One can only imagine what God's House would look like. From all the palaces and castles that I have ever visited I know that what God has prepared for us would dwarf even Malbork Castle or any of the other great castles of the World - with God all things are possible.

Deacon Dale