Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Eight Hundred!

WOW - 800 posts - reflections on things spiritual and not always spiritual. Yesterday's post was number 800 since I started this blog.  If you look back over the years you will see times when I was able to post frequently and other times when life did not allow me time or energy to write.  Deacon Dale's Blog evolved into the I of God - which was done to reflect what I was thinking personally - keeping God in mind - what He wanted of me - what I wanted of Him. I know I have a few official followers - as noted on the blog front page.  There are also many more who get email updates for each post.  In addition - I see from the statistics that I have readers from all over the world. Besides the USA I see readers from Brazil - France - United Arab Emirates - Canada - Poland - Ukraine - Germany - Portugal - Russia - Belgium - Italy - China - United Kingdom - Latvia - Philippines - South Korea - Peru.  There are possibly other countries who were not included in that report.
In all of these posts I have tried in a simple way to affirm all who read that - God is real - His Son Jesus is real - that the Holy Spirit is alive and well - that He loves us - each and every one of us. He created us - as His children - to be one very large happy family - accepting each other - helping each other - to live fruitful - peaceful lives. Now - in Holy Week - we look forward to the Triduum - the three holiest days of the year. In these final three days - before Easter - we fast - pray - prepare our minds and hearts for the celebration of His triumph over sin - death.  At Easter we celebrate Resurrection - not only that of Jesus - ours as well.

Deacon Dale